Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VoM

The Virtue of the Month is one thing as a mom I do to promote the peace, sanity in our home. Yet most importantly making the Gospel a constant in our home. Each month I decide (yes, me) on a principle our family should work on. I then find a picture (This month is the Leper thanking the Savior) and quotes or excerpts from a talk. I frame and display the picture and quotes in our kitchen/family room hoping it will sink in somehow.

However, knowing the mere show of it may not be enough I also place the article and activities in a folder. I encourage my children on Sundays to read the article and/or do the activities. And we try to bring it in to our conversations.

The Article this month is from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson The Divine Gift of Gratitude. Both the activities and talk I found on LDS.org. The church website has it's own page of Gratitude where resources abound to teach our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment