Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why blog?

I never thought I would become a blogger. Yet lately I've felt compelled, to start one. I'm not sure why, but I think I used to think of blogging as a chance to say "Hey look at me!" I'm this and I'm that. Well maybe that's part of it, we're not supposed to hide our light under a bushel, right?

I think perhaps there's another reason and that is community. I want to share some of my insights, particularly as an LDS mom but I also want to learn from you. It's like doing laundry outside and talking to your neighbor over the fence yet 21st century style. ( I do go outside to talk to my neighbors alot, I just don't do laundry outside).

C.S. Lewis states, "We read to know that we are not alone" Maybe that's why we blog. We need to know that we are not are not alone trying to figure out to do this life thing. Or motherhood thing. Or whatever. We are not alone. We're in it together. I hope to get the hang of it and become a real blogger, so bear with me as I learn in our blogging community.

So Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment