Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Minor Family Boot Camp

I have a confession to make. I know it's risky putting this on a blog especially with all my followers reading this...yikes. (Yes, all four including me) Anyway I'm putting it out there. This is my confession: I am a very imperfect mom. 
I give my kids chores. I encourage them to do their homework. I feed them. I teach them. Yet due to a result of lingering OCD (or CDO as I like to call it) I clean up after my kids and don't always follow up on the already established rules. Not all the time mind you, but enough that they know mom or dad will do it or let it go. Unfortunately the rope is becoming unraveled. ( See "Establishing a Christ - Centered Home" blog) So new rules have surfaced as well as re-established old ones.  It's being lovingly called "Minor Boot Camp" and I do say lovingly, because that's how it will be carried out; with love.
Now these rules will change next week depending on whether things improved. If not, the rules become stricter. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm also very imperfect. It's hard to know when you're being too strict or not strict enough.

    I hope your boot camp works out!

    ReplyDelete