Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Review: The Runaway Bunny

One of  the great pleasures I have as a mother is reading to my children.  I love picture books and I love reading them with my kids.  It provides a great bonding time.Wednesday is the day  I will share my favorites.

In honor of May and Mother's Day I decided to review The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (also known for writing Goodnight Moon).  The book was published in 1942 and is considered a classic.  I enjoy reading the book for many reasons.

It's words are gentle and poetic as it tells of a small bunny wanting to run away from his mother.  The mother reassures him; she will be her mom if she he runs away.  The illustrations by Clement Hurd match the writing as soft and gentle. 

It is a great book to read to your child to affirm your love for him/her and how you will always be there for them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment