Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Monday Musings: Camp Shalom 2012

Girl's camp is an interesting event.  It takes a lot of preparation, tears and sweat and then you go for five days to no showers, bugs, bats, and sleepless nights.

Yet there is something that moves you up there.  I always say your emotions are intensified at Girl's Camp.   I felt it. 
I was able to feel of God's love not only for me, but for the girls there at camp.

We encouraged the girls and leaders to memorize The Family:  A Proclamation to the World.  I felt the spirit of the document as well.  I felt so much appreciation for my own family.  We want ourselves and the Young Women to be "Articulate Advocates for the Family" (Sister Elaine S. Dalton)  And watching those girls read and memorize the truths in The Proclamation, you knew they were getting it.  I got it even more ( I memorized it too...woo hoo)

Happy to be home now with all my family  to showers, less bugs and sleep, but look forward to taking the spiritual high I felt there and help make me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment