Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Musings: Broken

I was reading an article in the The New Era the other day about the new Strength of Youth pamphlet.  It was an interview with Brother Beck and Sister Dalton.  At the conclusion of the interview, Sister Dalton expressed that she wanted the youth to know that repentance isn't a bad thing,  it's a blessing. 

I loved that.  Repentance is a blessing through the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

The Lord loves broken things.  I'm stealing that line from a song by Kenneth Cope.  He loves when we come to Him broken from life, or when we simply come to Him each Sunday with a "broken heart".    He wants to heal us.  He wants to sanctify us and redeem us and make us whole and better than we can ever be on our own.

"My weakness in mercy he covers with power"   (The Lord is My Light)

Here's the song by Kenneth Cope:  Broken

 

No comments:

Post a Comment