Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer... it still turns me upside down ( in a good way)

Well Summer isn't officially over yet, but it is in it's winding down stages as school begins in about 2 weeks.  I'm looking forward to more structure in our lives, more routine.   I NEED  routine!  And it's possible during Summer but not easy.  At least for me.

I will miss spending time with my kids. Whether it's just cleaning a bathroom, doing Meals and Wheels together or just simply playing. 

We have done a lot of fun things, but I think one my favorites is well, biking, but also the other day we went up to Bridal Veil Falls and played.   We waded in the water, climbed the  rocks, looked at the fish, and then ended with a picnic.  It was Simple Summer Fun. 

I'll miss those times, but know the kiddos aren't going away to Boarding School or anything. I still get to spend time with them.  It will be limited, but there will be opportunities.

 I'll miss you Summer, but remember the good times when I get back into the normal, boring (though sometimes nice) everyday routine. 

So here's my tribute to Summer by a groovy :) 70's group:   Summer Breeze by Seals and Crofts.

1 comment: