Monday, February 25, 2013

Jacob 4:13 and Healing

My favorite scripture for Depression?  I know you didn't ask but I will tell you anyway:  " for the aSpirit speaketh the btruth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really care, and of things as they really will be; ( Jacob 4:13)

Now granted there are a lot of great scriptures on helping Depression but this one is one for helping me think clearly.  I find when I seek for the Spirit it tells me of my true identity.  It drowns out all the other voices telling me "I'm not good enough", or "I'm a failure", "I don't matter", " I don't deserve to be loved by Heavenly Father."  Lies.  Satan uses my depression to feed with lies.   The problem is with me I'm feeling so low already it's hard not to believe them.

 
That's where listening to the Spirit comes in.  The Spirit teaches, comforts and directs.  It teaches me truth, It teaches who I am and who I can be if I only listen.  Sometimes it takes faith because again, Depression is physical as well emotional, so it doesn't go away from just thinking a "happy thought", but it gives me hope hold on to, and I feel each time I  "Let the Holy Spirit Guide"  I'm closer to healing.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment