Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Musings: My Happy Place




Our family is fortunate to have some really great friends.  Our good friends Kent and DeeAnn offered to take Mikaela to Disneyland for her graduation.  Kent and DeeAnn are avid Disneyland fans and make it there 3 or 4 times a year. 

Somehow they talked me into going as well with Mikaela.  Not that I didn't want to go, but I just felt a little guilty getting away from my family...etc.  but DeeAnn said I needed Palm Tree Therapy.  Yes I did. 

Being at Disneyland was a lot of fun.  Of course it is the "happiest place on earth".    I love it there.  It is happy.  It is magical.  And I was grateful for the chance to get away.

Now I'm home yet I have decided each day I will create my own happiest place on earth...with me.  I will make each day a happy one.    Each day I battle Depression, sickness, I feel I have to fight daily, hourly at times just to be happy. 

So my plan is to take each day and create, my happy day.
How?  Well I've divided my "happiness" into 4 categories:  (1) Physical, (2) Mental, (3) Emotional, and (4) Spiritual. 

I write goals each day that will help me have a fulfilled happy day in each category.

For example today my goals were:

1.  Physical:  exercize
2.  Mental or Creative:  blog (I'm doing it! I'm blogging happily ...:)
3.  Emotional:  Meals on Wheels (service!) and positive affirmations
4.  Spiritual:  Prayer, scripture study and family home evening.

It was a great day.  Was it a struggle at times? Yes, of course, at times.  But I look forward to a happy tommorrow.

As Walt Disney himself stated Happiness is a state of mind...." .   I may not be in Disneyland but I can be in that "state".

No comments:

Post a Comment