- 20 ice cream sandwiches (regular, strawberry or neopolitan)
- 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole ice cream sandwich and one half of an ice cream sandwich side by side across the short end of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Next to those ice cream sandwiches, arrange 8 more ice cream sandwiches lengthwise, to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Spread half of the sauce over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers: ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sauce and whipped topping. Scatter sprinkles over top.
- Freeze, uncovered 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze another hour.
I halved the recipe (which is probably a good thing because I think we would of ate it all ;). I also added a little caramel syrup instead of the sprinkles. Pure summer Yumminess!