Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Musings: Will the Real Me Please Come Back?

I feel like someone has hijacked my real self and replaced it with just plain ickiness.  A person that's not me.  I mourn who I really am.  So last night I decided to try as hard as I can to be the real me even though I don't feel like me.  Maybe it will trick my mind into believing and the real me will come back into my life. 

Today was a little better than yesterday.  I've tried to be myself and it helped but it's hard because the Depression and ocd are pretty powerful.   So it's like I'm fighting a battle that eventually, hopefully soon I will win.  I've been reading the Relief Society Declaration to remind me of who I want to be.  I personalized it, however.


 I am a beloved spirit daughter of God,
and my life has meaning, purpose, and direction.
As part of a worldwide sisterhood, I am united in my devotion
to Jesus Christ, my Savior and Exemplar.
I am a woman of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:

Increase my testimony of Jesus Christ
through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the
promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicate myself to strengthening
marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood
and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood
as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple,
understand my divine destiny,
and strive for exaltation.

No comments:

Post a Comment