Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Musings: What Language of Love Do You Speak?

We decorated the house finally for Fall. Yay!  It looks so Autumny.  Then I got the urge to decorate my blog like Fall.    I found a cute background and did all that it said to do, but it didn't work. Not sure why.  So I just put my template back, but since I did, I cannot get the format right.  I worked on it for hours on Saturday, with no luck..hashtag aarghh!

Anyway back at the ranch or blog.  The other night, I was laying in bed and one of my offspring hopped into bed by me.  He was supposed to be in bed, perhaps asleep, but no there he was wide awake.  My motherly instinct wanted to say of course, "Go to bed!" but I didn't.  Something told me he needed some mom time.  So we talked.  About nothing really.  Got a little silly and then he went to bed.  I knew then it was one of those small, precious moments that go unrecognized yet to him it was profoundly significant. 

Years ago I read the The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman.   It's been a while since I read but the concept goes like this:  Each of us has a language in which we feel love.   The five different languages are physical touch, gifts, acts of service, spending time, and receiving praise.   I know for a fact this child of mine that I let stay up  has the "Love Language" of time.  He feels love when you spend time with him.   My youngest offspring is physical touch.  Obviously, I think we should show our love to our children by spending time, affection, praise, etc all the time.  Learning their "Love Language" just helps us to concentrate our efforts on their language when needed.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment