Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday Treat: Easy Corn Chowder





Did I mention I love soup?    Here is some soup I made last week and it was a hit with the family...even the picky eaters:



2 Cans (141/2 ounces each) chicken broth
1 bag(16 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
3 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 rib celery, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 cup heavy cream 
8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled

1.  Place broth, corn potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, salt, black pepper and coriander into Crock Pot; cook on low 7 to 8 hours

2.  Partially mash soup mixture with potato masher to thicken.  Stir in cream; cook on High, uncovered, until hot.  Adjust seasonings, if desired.  To serve, sprinkle on bacon.



Confession:  I can never follow a recipe exactly.  I think it's the rebel in me coming out...tee hee...So here are some changes I made:

I used russet potatoes because that's what I had and I did not peel them.  
I did not put in a red bell pepper because I don't like them.
I did not put in ground coriander because I don't know what it is.

This recipe came from  a book called Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment