Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Treats: Soup Again!


Taco Soup. Photo by Juenessa



Taco Soup in the slow cooker.  There are many variations of this soup, so you can adjust it any way you would like.  Today, I kept it very simple.

1 big can (29 oz) of tomato sauce
1 big can of water
2 cans of kidney beans
2 packages of taco seasoning
2 lbs of hamburger browned
1 lb of frozen corn (most recipes call for canned corn.  Personally I never have canned corn on hand because it taste more like can than corn:0

Add it all to the slow cooker, and serve in 8 hours.

Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips.  

Variations I have done and seen are:  add pinto, black or chili beans.  Use stewed tomatoes ( my family does not like stewed tomatoes.  If I use them I have to puree the tomatoes) and tomato sauce.  Use taco seasoning and Ranch dressing. And so forth.  


Very versatile soup and my family enjoys it and will eat it.



No comments:

Post a Comment