Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Musings: Answered Prayers

There have been times in my life where I have wondered if my prayers were being heard.  I have honestly wondered if there was a pavilion blocking my communication to my Heavenly Father.  (See Doctrine and Covenants 121:1)

The other day, I had had a "Tender Mercy Day".    Our good friends Kent and DeeAnn brought the kids necklaces from Hawaii.  Jaycie lost her necklace at school and was obviously sad.  We looked for it with no luck.  Later, I said a very informal prayer asking that if possible, we could find the necklace.  I did not have a lot of faith that it would be found, but I offered it nonetheless.

A few days later, I felt to check the Lost and Found  at the school, again not thinking it would be there, especially since it had been several days.  To my surprise the necklace was there.


As I was driving later that day, I was thinking about that experience and remembered my prayer.  Tears came to my eyes as I realized that my prayer had been answered.  Through the spirit, I realized that the necklace was found so that Jaycie could have her necklace, but it was also answered as a witness to me that God hears and answers my prayers.  He loves me and is involved in the details of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment