Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday Review: My Ode to Dr. Seuss




In honor of Dr. Seuss, I decided to try 
To pick my most beloved tale by that guy.


What a task it did seem for I tried really hard

But such a feat would make my noggin all jarred!


So I sat as I thought and I thought as I sat,

And recalled that  feline: The Cat in the Hat.


That annoying fun creature that made the fish stew,

But in the end solves the problem with Thing 1 and Thing 2.


And of course there's always the persistence of Sam,

Whose persuasion convinced us to eat Green Eggs and Ham!


And then The Lorax made my conscience go green,

To protect my earth and keep it so clean.


And  though it is March we mustn't forget any more.

The Grinch who learned Christmas comes not from a store!


Oh, There's so many Places to Go!

To think of my favorite, I simply don't know.


But alas if I must, I'll pick one  slight more eminent

Horton that caring and thoughtful big elephant


Who wouldn't let the people of Whoville fall

Because "a person's a person no matter how small!"


Horton Hears A Who teaches us to be helpful

To serve and  perhaps be a little more yelpful!







No comments:

Post a Comment