Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Musings: Just Ramblings for the New Year





I do love the new year.  I love the idea of pushing the refresh button on my life and resetting my aspirations and goals.Yes I have goals, and probably a lot of the same ones I had last year.  Still trying to lose those pounds and all, but other than that I am ready for 2015 to make me a better person all around (hopefully less all around by next year;)

Looking back to Christmas last year, I realized I do love Christmas as well. But I think it's like having grandchildren over.  No I don't have any grandchildren, I've just heard from other grandparents how it is. It's exciting, fun, exhausting, exhilarating, chaotic, messy, lively, entertaining, crazy... I could go on, but you get my point.  And so when they leave, or you put the Christmas decorations up, and go on with your life, you are sad, but a little relieved. That's kinda how I'm feeling right now.  Sad, but ready for some kind of order in my life. (So...in about 5 or so years, I'll revisit this concept so see if I am right.  I should have grandkids by then;)

I was pretty much sick during the Holidays, but I still enjoyed them.  I was trampling through Walmart at 1:00 a.m feeling like a truck ran over me. Twice.  But I survived.  We survived. A lot of things didn't get done.  I told my kids, we may have a different kind of "White Christmas"  if I didn't catch up on laundry.  But we made it through fully clothed.  It always works out!  I enjoyed wrapping up in my blankie with my kleenex box watching my kids "Just Dance" after my 4 hour nap on Christmas.  It was all good.  All good.

I'm feeling better,  and now I'm an organizing- get rid of clutter- become a better me- maniac!  Here I come 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment