Monday, February 2, 2015

The Eye of the Tired Tiger

Back in March of 2012, I blogged about being sick and tired.  Although I'm not as sick and tired, I'm still struggling at times.  The deal-i-o is I LOVE MY LIFE!  But sometimes it exhausts me.  I was diagnosed eons ago with the Epstein-Barr virus and I'm pretty sure that's a factor, along with hormones, adrenals and just being a mortal.  Whew!  Well now I'm seriously sick of it.

  I enjoy being outdoors and I spend a lot of time there.  But I'm taking it a notch higher.  I'm going to run the Provo Trail and come April, I will do a 5k Trail Run.  That's my goal.  This morning I headed up the canyon and started my 8 week training plan to run a 5K.  I ran 2 minutes straight and thought I was going to die.  But I didn't!   And it felt good, in a tortuous kind of way. 

 In order to stay committed, I'm blogging and come April, I will be able to run more than 2 minutes without breathing like Darth Vader on steroids.  I officially have "The Eye of the Tiger" (in honor of Katy Perry's performance at the Super Bowl) "and you're going to hear me Roar!"  

After my nap:).


(video by Michael Mclean)

No comments:

Post a Comment