A Letter to Thanksgiving
Dear Thanksgiving,
I know sometimes you get forgotten squished between the candy-gorging Halloween and the Christmas Machine, but I want to pay you my respects on this Thanksgiving Day. I wonder sometimes it's good that you're forgotten. I think if I put a light-up turkey on my front lawn it would ruin the effect. I like that you are a quiet holiday, one that causes me to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday: Remembering the oh so many blessings I have.
I think of Thanksgiving as Christmas' quiet brother, the one who doesn't get a lot of attention but it helps Christmas get the right kind of attention. You see, as I give thanks for Him and remember Him, it helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas.
So I know you are much too mature to ever feel slighted, but I just had to let you know that I honor and celebrate Thanksgiving. And I will try to celebrate it every day.
Your friend,
Brenda
I know sometimes you get forgotten squished between the candy-gorging Halloween and the Christmas Machine, but I want to pay you my respects on this Thanksgiving Day. I wonder sometimes it's good that you're forgotten. I think if I put a light-up turkey on my front lawn it would ruin the effect. I like that you are a quiet holiday, one that causes me to reflect on the true meaning of the holiday: Remembering the oh so many blessings I have.
I think of Thanksgiving as Christmas' quiet brother, the one who doesn't get a lot of attention but it helps Christmas get the right kind of attention. You see, as I give thanks for Him and remember Him, it helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas.
So I know you are much too mature to ever feel slighted, but I just had to let you know that I honor and celebrate Thanksgiving. And I will try to celebrate it every day.
Your friend,
Brenda
And in my humble opinion, nothing honors or celebrates any holiday like the Charlie Brown gang.
No comments:
Post a Comment