Did I mention I love soup? Here is some soup I made last week and it was a hit with the family...even the picky eaters:
2 Cans (141/2 ounces each) chicken broth
1 bag(16 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
3 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 rib celery, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
1. Place broth, corn potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, salt, black pepper and coriander into Crock Pot; cook on low 7 to 8 hours
2. Partially mash soup mixture with potato masher to thicken. Stir in cream; cook on High, uncovered, until hot. Adjust seasonings, if desired. To serve, sprinkle on bacon.
Confession: I can never follow a recipe exactly. I think it's the rebel in me coming out...tee hee...So here are some changes I made:
I used russet potatoes because that's what I had and I did not peel them.
I did not put in a red bell pepper because I don't like them.
I did not put in ground coriander because I don't know what it is.
This recipe came from a book called Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment